Opportunities in Ireland: The Growth Story Continues
Thursday, November 16, 2017, 11:00 AM ET
- Growth: Ireland has been among the strongest growing economies in Europe since 2011
- Improving Fundamentals: Strengthening government and corporate balance sheets.
- Growth has been organic, not debt driven
- Positioned for Global Growth: Ireland's strong economy should benefit from improving European and global growth
- Portfolio Positioning: Ireland's place in diversifying with European equities
- New Ireland Fund: A portfolio of attractive stock picks
Noel joined the firm in 1992, was promoted to Head of Equities in 1996 and was appointed CIO in 2002. As CIO, he has overall responsibility for investment process and performance of the firm's assets under management across the various asset classes and specialist equity portfolios. The firm's team of investment professionals report to Noel. He has specifically managed equity portfolios across Irish, European, Asian and US equity markets. Prior to joining the firm, Noel worked for Irish Life Investment Managers as a US Equity Asset Manager. He is an engineer by profession having graduated with 1st Class honours degree from University College Cork. He is a member of the CFA Institute and the UK Society of Investment Professionals. He was appointed a director of KBI Global Investors Ltd in December 2000.
Eoin Fahy B.A., A.S.I.A.I
28 years with the firm; 28 years industry experience
Eoin joined the Research Department of the firm as an investment analyst on fixed interest markets in 1988. In 1990, he was appointed Chief Economist with overall responsibility for all economic research, a position he has held since that time, while also having responsibility for investment strategy and ESG policy. He was appointed by the Irish Government to be a board member of Ireland's Electricity Supply Board (ESB) in 2001 and also to be a member of the Commission on Taxation in 2008. He is a member of the US National Association of Business Economists and the CFA Institute, and is a frequent contributor to Irish and international media.